Do you know my advice to graduates and students of higher institutions? That advice is what I will be sharing here today with you. We are starting right now.
- They should work while waiting. Sometimes in the process of studying or after graduation, something comes up that makes you wait. maybe you wait for the results of your exams, wait for school to resume during the holidays, or wait for something else. The wait is waiting. I advise them to keep busy during this waiting time. get a side job to keep you busy. Get a side skill to learn. get a job to make you earn. Don’t just wake and sleep and wake and sleep. Work while waiting.
- Learn a skill that fits what you are studying in school. If you are studying accountancy in school, there are nume]rous accounting software packages that you can learn and do well in. The school will not teach you all. The lecturers can never teach you all within the limited time that you will be together. You need to schedule your time and use every opportunity you have to learn a valuable skill that can support what you studied in school. Practical knowledge combined with theoretical knowledge will make you stand out from the crowd anywhere. get enlisted in learning, unlearning, and relearning today. Recommended: How do you start a broiler farm?
- Learn a new skill outside your core course. Many people have said they do not really like what they studying in school. many people did not get to study what they love in higher institutions due to low scores, competition, and many other such reasons. Just face the course you have been offered and know that learning never ends. In your free time or a created time, you can learn practically and theoretically the course or skill you actually loved. Let me give you an example. I know a pastor who went to Bible school after high school. He did not go to university. He made up his mind to read more books than those who went to the university. He became versatile in knowledge. he became a guru in almost all fields. the difference between school and no school is that in school exams are conducted. So, learning can take place in school or out of school. Wake up.
- Connect with as many persons as possible. The people you will need later in life are the very people you are meeting already in school. Get emails, get phone numbers, socialize and get to know other people. You don’t know who among the people in your college or in your circle you will need tomorrow. Don’t be a lone ranger. Someone must recommend you for something. Someone must inform you about something. The networking opportunities are right there on your campus. use them well. Be nice to people.
- Form a strong alliance with your lecturers. Your lecturers have been on the job for a while and they sure know some opportunities that you do not know. take advantage of these human resources at your school. they may look crude but they have a lot of contacts that you will need at your next level. These lecturers know where other students who have graduated before you are. A simple link or connection from them can open unimaginable doors for you. Your lecturers may not be capable of giving you much money but they can give you what you can not buy with money.
In conclusion, you have now known my advice to graduates and students of higher institutions. Haven’t you? That advice can make you a billionaire if you act on them.