Ataga Murder: Chidinma fled the scene a night before the victim’s body was discovered — Security guard

Spread the love

The security guard at the service apartment where Usifo Ataga, Super TV CEO, was allegedly murdered, testified on Wednesday that the defendant (Chidinma Ojukwu) had left the night before the victim’s body was discovered.

Abubakar Mohammed, a security guard, stated this while being cross-examined before a Lagos High Court sitting at Tafawa Balewa Square.

Chidinma denies killing SuperTV CEO Ataga in new video | The Guardian  Nigeria News - Nigeria and World News — Nigeria — The Guardian Nigeria News  – Nigeria and World News

Buy laptops

On Tuesday, the witness testified as the second prosecution witness in the ongoing trial of Chidinma Ojukwua, a 300-level Mass Communication student at the University of Lagos, UNILAG (first defendant), and two others in connection with Ataga’s murder.

Ojukwu is on trial with her sister, Chioma Egbuchu, and Adedapo Quadri.
The witness was cross-examined by the first and second defendants’ counsel at the resumption of the hearing on Tuesday.
During cross-examination by the first defendant’s counsel, Mr Onwuka Egwu, the witness maintained that the defendant (Chidinma) left the apartment on Tuesday night and did not return even after the body was discovered.

Mohammed stated that he was at his duty post when the defendant left, and that the defendant waved at him and entered an Uber ride.

UPDATED: I'm not guilty of Super TV CEO murder - Chidinma -
The witness also denied telling the police that he suspected one Mr Babalola Disu, who was also present at the apartment at the time of the incident.

Buy exercise equipment

Mohammed also told the court that when he entered the premises, he did not have a clear view of the victim (Ataga) because the victim was inside his vehicle.
He also stated that the victim did not leave his apartment after he entered it.

When she needed help, the witness said it was only the defendant who would come out or call him on the phone.

Mr Babatunde Busari, counsel for the second defendant, also cross-examined Mohammed.

Busari asked the witness to confirm whether or not a dispatch rider arrived at the house and how many times the dispatch rider arrived.

The witness stated that a dispatch rider came to the house once, and that the dispatch rider gave the first defendant a small parcel, the contents of which he did not know.

Mr Yusuf Sule, the prosecution’s counsel, did, however, re-examine the witness.

The witness insisted that the defendant was the one who came to the apartment and logged in.

During the investigation, Mohammed said he was able to identify the defendant at the police station “because she wears her face mask without covering her nose.”

“When she removed her face mask, I was able to identify her as well.”

“The police also asked her (defendant) if she knew who I was and what my name was, and she said yes and mentioned my name, Abu,” he said.

He told the court how the defendant and her friend (the victim) arrived at the apartment where he worked as a security guard on June 13th.

He also claimed that the defendant left the premises on Tuesday night (June 15) and never returned.

The witness described how he discovered the victim’s body on Wednesday morning.

However, due to time constraints, the Judge, Justice Yetunde Adesanya, adjourned the case until November 25 for further trial.

Buy pepper spray