Do you know the reasons why many Fiverr sellers do not make money on Fiverr? Relax. I am going to tell you in this article and, you will start making money on Fiverr as a seller. It is no news that a lot of people are making money on Fiverr while many others are not.
Recommended article: My advice to graduates and students of higher institutions
- It is vital to let you know from the start that Fiverr is a place for the skilled to make money. If you do not have any skills, don’t waste your time setting up a seller profile on Fiverr. You don’t just need a skill to make money on Fiverr, you need a competitive and highly demanded skill. You need to learn how to do what many others don’t want to learn and that thing that is learned is highly needed. If that is your case, you will get many orders on Fiverr. Some people will say they can click something and make money. You can’t make money on Fiverr by clicking something or watching videos. If watching videos is all that is needed to make good money then my children and all the children in my neighborhood will just be watching and making money.
- The second reason why many Fiverr sellers do not make money on Fiverr is that they do not set up your profile very well. You need to see the profiles of some people on Fiverr. Their profile picture is bad, their description is bad, their gig description is bad, and every metric used to identify a good Fiverr profile is bad in their case. Such people will not even get impressions not to talk of clicks and orders.
- The third reason why many Fiverr sellers do not make money on Fiverr is that their gig setup is bad. This is similar to the Fiverr profile set up but it is different. Setting up a gig on Fiverr can take you thirty (30) minutes depending on how good you are with graphics and writing and editing. This is because you need to put up about three (3) thumbnails for your gallery to show pictorially to buyers what you have to offer. In fact, that is the first thing that buyers will see when they search for a service that is related to what you are offering on Fiverr. A good thumbnail will make them click. Your gig description if good will make them buy too. Some keywords should be in the gig description with other explanations that will show that you know the service you are rendering well. Even if you see similar gig descriptions, you must know how to edit the description to suit your personality.
- Number four reasons why many Fiverr sellers do not make money on Fiverr is because they as sellers go to Fiverr once in a while. If you as a seller visit Fiverr once in a while what it means is that you will not know when buyers make requests or when they message you. You may not even know when you get an order. All these will make Fiverr not show your gig to buyers. Some buyers will even look for sellers who are online that they can chat with before they place an order.
- The fifth reason why many Fiverr sellers do not make money on Fiverr is that they are not conversant with global trends on greetings and communications. If you are a Nigerian and an American wants to buy from you on Fiverr, how do you greet? How do you communicate? You have to know how Americans communicate. If you communicate in an odd manner, the buyer may be put off. You need to learn a lot about different cultures in order to respond well at every opportunity.
- Another reason why many Fiverr sellers do not make money on Fiverr is that they don’t meet up with time schedules or deadlines. When you get an order on Fiverr can cost you sales and orders. When you fail to meet up with an order, you are telling Fiverr that you are busy. You are also telling the client that you can’t be trusted. This is because you agreed before the order was given.
- The number seven reason why many Fiverr sellers do not make money on Fiverr is that their name on Fiverr is different from the service that they render. Somebody on Fiverr is ‘Cryptotrader’ and he is actually a comedy blog article writer. That does not go together and buyers will think twice before giving the person a job or contacting the person at all. Buyers have no time to waste.
- The eighth reason why many people do not make money on Fiverr is that their profile description is different from their gig description. This means that they originally created the profile for a different niche or a different category of service. Such persons will need to start all over again if they are serious about making money on Fiverr. From the start, create a good setup and niche for the service you want to render.
- The ninth reason why many Fiverr sellers do not make money on Fiverr is that they charge very high fees for their work. Sellers are competing on Fiverr. Some will say they will offer a service for 100 dollars, some other chaps will do the same service for 10 dollars or even five box. You have to be flexible with pricing in order to make money. This comes with critical thinking.
- The tenth reason why many Fiverr sellers do not make money on Fiverr is that they do not respond to buyer requests at all. As a new seller, you can respond to ten (10) buyer requests per day. That means in a week you can respond to 70 buyer requests. You can reach sellers via buyer requests if they do not reach you via your gig. You have the chance to reduce your price, offer more, and give the buyer reasons to buy from you in your response to buyers’ requests. The buyer request is your savior on Fiverr if you are a new seller. Respond to it properly knowing that you have competitors who are responding on Fiverr.
- This is a bonus as I said 10 reasons, and it is an important reason why many Fiverr sellers do not make money on Fiverr. Many Fiverr sellers do not advertise their gigs outside Fiverr. Paid ads and free ads exist. You can do free ads by posting your Fiverr gig links on social media. You can do paid ads via google ads, Facebook ads, and many more.
These are the reasons why many Fiverr sellers are not getting orders on Fiverr. These are also the reasons why many Fiverr sellers are not making money on Fiverr. Fiverr is not cheap or free money. Fiverr is for the skilled and hardworking. Will you overcome the reasons and make money?
Recommended article: Why Fiverr can block or deactivate your account